Forums » How-to Guides

Meditation Help

• 2 posts
    May 14, 2011 11:38 PM EDT
    I need help staying focused. I'm having trouble with getting into a deep sleep. What are some ways of getting healthier to the body and pin-point techniques that are important and gurantee a deep state of meditation
    • 3 posts
    May 15, 2011 12:21 AM EDT
    I use conscious breathing, that seems to work well for me. I have just started to meditate afters many years of not meditating, so unfortunately I cannot give you much information. Also, I learned to focus on the triangle, that is a very powerful shape which will help open your consciousness and crown chakra. Hope this helps you.
  • May 15, 2011 1:54 AM EDT
    I agree with Kaidrea's suggestions. In addition, I would say don't chastise yourself while trying to meditate if your brain keeps buzzing with thoughts and won't seem to shut up. The trick I've learned is not to try controlling them or forcing them, just let them come as they will, then just as easily, let them go. You can visualize your thoughts coming to you like debris in a river, passing you by, flowing. Pretty soon you'll be able to focus on a deeper state, because you aren't as actively engaged with your thoughts. Another thing that might help is to try keeping your attention and focus in the Now, in the moment, rather than entertaining thoughts of past and future.
    • 2 posts
    May 15, 2011 3:17 PM EDT
    Thanks! I'll try those out and see how it goes! :)
  • June 15, 2011 1:01 AM EDT
    one I learnt in a buddhist temple in Laos was to be aware of your suroundings. If you hear a noise recognize it but don`t lable it then if you taste something do the same sight the same and so on. So the thing that is formost in your mind recognize it and move to the next.
  • June 15, 2011 1:05 AM EDT
    do you think Meditation is the same concentration and hypnotism?
  • June 15, 2011 1:26 AM EDT
    Wow that's a tricky question!

It does seem that some level of concentration and focus is needed to get into a deep state of meditation, but in my own meditation the focus is on being rather than doing. Or maybe it's that the act of focus is only consciously letting go of everything to reach that stillness.

What I'm getting as I write this is that concentration is something made easier by repeated meditation. Where meditation is practicing being still and empty and peaceful, concentration is focusing your awareness onto 'whatever'. With an unfocused mind (full of scurrying thoughts, and various potential imbalances) it's like shooting at a quarter from 100 ft with a scatter gun, whereas the focused mind is more like the well trained gunslinger with his finely tuned revolver hitting it dead center.

I'm not familiar with hypnotism other than it seems to be related to visualization and some kind of mental astral projection or time travel almost.

What are your thoughts, Jat?
  • June 15, 2011 6:39 AM EDT
    I think you Nailed it when you said "concentration is something made easier by repeated meditation" although saperate they go hand in hand.
    Hypnotism is a sugestion thrust on your subconscious so there for i see it as being a form of unconsciousness.
    • 8 posts
    July 30, 2011 2:52 PM EDT
    There are many forms of meditating...such as sewing, reading and clearing the mind and focus. It is simple. It is with the deep breathing, if you are having trouble clearing your mind use a trigger word such as "apple" to teach your mind to be clear and focused. Every time your mind starts to think, say the trigger word...remember it takes up to two months to change a habit, so patience is the key...
    • 19 posts
    August 14, 2011 2:17 AM EDT
    Here's a wonderful guided meditation to become Pure Awareness:

http://www.quantumentrainment.com/mp3/Pure_Awareness.MP3
    • 4 posts
    January 26, 2012 9:53 AM EST
    I'm trying it, but I'll have to give it a go later, Thanks Kris!
    • 1 posts
    July 14, 2017 9:14 AM EDT

I'm a writer and meditation helps me with my writing all the time. It helps me to concentrate and to finish what I need. You'll discover that if an author uses topic sentences, you might skim your complete essay and still perceive the principle points. The author should select a side, and then research to discover examples that prove her or his points. If you're a writer, you can do the job for yourself. In addition to the topics, enable the writer know the overall style that you write in. Writers at www.myessayslab.com sometimes believe writing styles have to be kept distinct. Although probably much less common as portion of homework or other types of writing, reflective writing is an integral component of several curricula. Perhaps, customized paper writing is among the most difficult assignment students may get.